Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Oh dear!
    I tend to let the forum moderate itself these days as Im too old for aggravation.We should be able to self moderate as we all know each other well now..both on here and very often in the person too. Ive tried to make it as easy as possible for everyone, I dont think there is anything further I can do. I cant eradicate differences of opinion. Everyone is named and not anonymous.

But yes that letter in the newspaper was anonymous and if there is an attack on a person, then the person doing so should not be allowed to remain anonymous.

There has been letters/emails circulating purporting to come from me recently too of a slanderous nature which have reached the newspapers. Fortunately the papers seem to have twigged that they are fake. One newspaper contacted me.

Just let me say a word about this protocol incident. IT HAPPENED TO ME TOO. So I can well believe it!!

Just a few years ago when I was organising a larger Doverforum event at Crabble Corn Mill and at the time I was fairly newish around Dover. I asked both Gwyn Prosser MP and Jan Tranter newly elected Mayor to come and open the Event . I did not know either Gwyn or Jan at the time but both agreed to come. I wanted the then Mrs Tranter to come as Mayor to give proceedings a gloss but there were objections from dear ol Sue. The objections got a bit severe and spread further afield and everyone involved seem to get flak...which was an awkward situation for me having asked these notables in the first place. I never organised another event at Crabble Corn Mill as the memories of all that aggravation spoils the prospect.

In real daily life nobody at all cares about protocol, and me being a foreigner didnt know what it was, but these pointless squabbles could spoil and maybe has spoiled many a prospect for Crabble Corn Mill.

Most of all this type of stuff is totally unnecessary and should be easily overcome.

I know Gwyn and Jan a good bit better these days!!
    and of course all that is water under the bridge these days too.

end link