Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Captain Haddock wrote:
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools. Brickhill 1954.

It's about time we took a more 'continental' view of rules. I was talking to a businessman who has spent time money and effort getting his UK company GDPR compliant (forced by EU legislation). Speaking to businesses he works with in Holland they have done 'f**k all' as they don't view it as important though they are 'hoping to get around to it one day'.

I was also in a wonderful restaurant in Avignon asked for the whereabouts of the lavatory last year. It was behind the door marked 'No Toilet'. Apparently if they admitted officially to having a toilet they would have to provide disabled access and didn't want the cost ......................

Silly me, I thought we voted for Brexit because we didn't want to take a more 'continental' view of rules. Perhaps we can also have our cake and eat it.

end link