Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good Morning all. Prepare yourselves for this one.

After our recent carnival on July 4th where 10 year old progeria sufferer Hayley Okines was our honorary princess for the day. DCAL have decided to attempt a massive fundraiser in aid of Hayley.

On August bank holiday weekend starting on saturday 29th August and finishing on Monday 31st August DCAL committee, court members and carnival friends are going to be walking 80 miles to hayley's home town of Brighton.

We shall be starting our walk at 10.30am from pencester gardens and finsihing in Brighton on Monday afternoon. The sponsored walk will be very challenging for all of us but we are determined to do more for this wonderful, inspirational little girl and her family.

We shall also be collecting along the route.

If you would like to sponsor us or make a donation ALL proceeds from this event will go towards hayleys fund.
    To make a donation please make cheques payable to Hayley Okines, and send to 49, Noah's Ark Road Dover CT17 0DD
    Or alternatively if you wish to sponsor us please call Mandie on 01304 211776 or mobile 07867973029
    I can also be contacted via e-mail at mandielaw1966@hotmail.com

The carnival day raffle raised £1000 for Hayley, and we hope to get at least £2000 from the walk. We realise what a tall order we have set ourselves, but our strength will come from knowing we are making a huge difference to Hayley and her family
    I am also in discussion with the the manager of Chris Eubank, and we hope that Chris will be there to meet us at the end of our walk on the Monday.

We are also looking for someone to donate some Printed T-shirts for us that we can wear along the entire route, as well as 2 mini buses to store our supplies of water, collection buckets, food and camping gear. If you think you can help and fancy giving up a weekend to help us help Hayley. Please contact me.

end link