Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This just goes to show what a bunch of asses run our media services. They are portraying swine flu as a deadly disease, reporting deaths and filling us with fear and dread. The reality is very different - swine flu is no worse than any other sort of flu, people do die of various flu strains but the vast majority recover. The broad mass of swine flu sufferers are recovering fine. Poor Briony has no doubt had a very rough ride with this illness but her fear was also stoked hard by what she's seen in our media. My friend and colleague Kaytie (many of you will know her as the brilliant manager at Absolute Graphix) has also been struck down with swine flu, and her initial reaction was fear and dread as was her little boy's, bless him, who thought his mum was going to die.

I don't wish to down-play the seriousness of swine flu at all, but I am SO fed up with the way our media pounds our heads with so much fear and crap all the time.

I am really pleased that Briony appears to have turned a corner. I have no doubt that a full recovery is just a matter of a few short days away.

end link