Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

howard mcsweeney1 wrote:
    Says rather a lot about you, attacking people that are honest and post under their real name and a cheapskate like your good self who stabs behind a pseudonym. The leader at DDC posts under his real name does that tell you something?

Wow. Well harsh. My point stands then?

I'm guessing that's aimed at me, given what I posted earlier (as @Button did. Thanks @Button. I could prove that my parentage certainly excludes me from inbreeding, but that would be too much personal information for a public internet forum IMO. Are you maybe inferring that Dover is a small town? ) Please remind me at some point in the future to give this site my views on buying drinks in rounds.

@howard mcsweeney1 I do hope you that don't think I am the same account holder as @Ritaloo. Can I call you howard? Can I also advise you about the correct use of capital letters in proper names (real, not pseudonym). Given that your surname presumably has two capital letters to it , that really stands out. If indeed that is your real name

I should point out that I've always liked your posts, love your photos, general engagement in this site and (I'm guessing here) proper love of Dovorian-ness. You are pretty much keeping this site going, relevant and alive on a daily basis. None of my above post and quotes were meant as personal attack type things.

Saying that though, the above quoted post from you does kind of reinforce the point I was trying to make re my impressions about this site.

I'm a newbie here, and you, a regular, are attacking me, calling me a "cheapskate" (but then "your good self", make up your mind. And the choice of the word "stabs"? Ouch!) when, as far as I am aware, we have never been introduced (you may have the better of me there). I may have to quote @Peter Garstin again. Particularly the bit about lies and slander. If you're going to do that, may I advise you to post under a pseudonym

To answer your (quite unfathomable) question: I'm guessing the leader at DDC (whomever that may be) had no choice but to sign up and post under their real name because, as I stated previously, thems were the rules for this site. It just tells me that thems were the rules for this site. Not much more. Really. To be honest. Just what is that statement meant to tell me? I can't wait to hear what you think I should infer from this. Please let me know.

What I like about the fact that pseudonyms are mostly allowed on the majority of fora, is that it means that the leader of this DDC of whom & which you speak, could now sign up under another whatever name (I'm getting tired of typing pseudonym) and post opinions that they may like to discuss, that may not be considered appropriate to their job by their paymasters. They may be a massive fan of something that has a definitive forum or thread for fans of said thing. Should they post on that forum or thread under the handle "I am the leader of DDC, here is my real name. Please google me"? Or, should they be allowed to be a fan and discuss their perfectly harmless opinions on... Oh I don't know. You pick something potentially embarrassing for a DC leader. Favourite Boy Band Song thread and they post under the name BrosWereBrill. Where's the harm? Or should they not have a life outside of work? How do you know that they're not doing it already?

This is a publicly accessible website. If people post ridiculous things on-line then anyone can call them out on it. Having just signed up here under a pseudonym, I was a bit put out by the @Peter Garstin post I quoted, and called into question the reasoning behind said post. Same thing with the @Terry Nunn slagging off of the old Locals site. Glass houses and all that.

Call me out on my arguments fine. But slag off trolls and then just troll me...?

end link