Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Not wanting to start a new thread I am posting this here from the FB page Western Heights Preservation Society.

"Parliament says the Grand Shaft Bowl will be the Vera Lynn Memorial Amphitheatre, so end of the line for the CWM project I'm afraid -"After an initial site visit to the cliffs in April to find a suitable accessible home for the sculpture, the committees got to work. The most impressive and relevant site and one that has captured the spirit of Dame Vera is a proposed open-air amphitheatre or bowl overlooking the harbour and the white cliffs, which is such a wonderful idea. This project will provide a venue for concerts, theatrical productions and military events in a stunning natural setting. The memorial to Dame Vera will be at the heart of the plans, and her musical legacy will live on in the enjoyment of visitors and audiences for many years to come. You can see it now, Madam Deputy Speaker: there she will be, presiding over the bowl and looking over the channel. It is just wonderful. People talk about statues and memorials. The team have come up with such a wonderful schemeā€”I cannot take any credit. I intend to visit the proposed venue this Friday to see for myself how the site could be landscaped to provide the best possible setting."

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2021-05-11/debates/F7989B54-0B92-4F6D-A768-CA465E8A7A69/DameVeraLynnNationalMemorial?fbclid=IwAR2eUtalD6izCRbfTO10RdAnyjUaSxdoYHJtjdewjCqlQGmtXY2BBVEqsb8#contribution-DCE59FF2-B600-4765-8B05-364332A1BACB

end link