Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I heard about that silly rule as well - it just underlines the absurdity of the target- and rule-driven culture that has been created. All common sense and flexibility has been eroded, in Health and Social care as well as Education. And all governments going back to the seventies have eroded university education - it is absolutely outrageous that what used, in my day, to be both a right (as education should be) and a privilege (for - strictly for - those who have the academic ability) is now an expensive treat for those who can afford it. Don't get me started or we will be here all day - everyone should have the opportunity to experience the education appropriate for them, including University education, and Uni education should not be squandered and trivialised by expecting every Tom Dick and Harriet to be suitable for it. Not everyone is academic, not everyone can change a tyre. Horses for courses and free education, no question.

end link