Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Were you aware that a lot of schools may be closing as a result of some very daft rules set by the Government.

If a school does not close in bad weather and say, just 50%, of pupils are able to turn up, then they are marked down for 50% unauthorised absenses that day.

This goes into the school record and goes against the school when they get an OFSTED. As you know these record are scrutinied in detail by OFSTED when they do a visit.

Whereas if the school closes due to bad weather they get marked 100% attendance, to their credit with OFSTED!

The point has been made therefore that it is in the schools interest to close when there is snow.

How many schools close just for this reason I wonder that might otherwise stay open? Someone only said to me last weekend about how schools seem to close at the drop of a snow flake these days when they never used to. I argued that it was probably because staff have a lot further to travel these days, but now I am not sure.

The point about this was made by the leader of Essex County Council.

end link