Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes they look daft, but I wouldn't be around to write this note had I not worn mine regularly.

Was cycling between work in Gresham Street in the City of London from my (then) home in Brixton, going along the inside of the traffic along near Kennington station when a van from DER (TV rentals) - this gives an idea of the year!! decided to just pull in without warning....I glaced off the side of it an went head-first into a steel lamp post..bike was a tangled mess and I was so diorientated that I tried to get back on to complete my journey (held back by the ambulance men) had to have prolonged physio to my knee (that also absorbed quite an impact).

The helmet was split almost in half, but it could easily have been my head! I went straight out and bought a new one with a new bike and still have the same helmet today - it looks just as daft, but I smile inside and hold my head proud wearing my life preserver.

end link