Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good to see you down there Roger,but you are right,the desk down there is not good,and after you had gone the line for the Taxis were an hour wait at least,I had one blind couple who I put into a Taxi bus as I knew the driver and the cab had 2 other people in and were going to the Station,I then saw 2 of my Mums friends who were going home to Dover,the lady is in a wheelchair at the moment so I helped them and told them to call a taxi company before they left the terminal,they waited 5 mins for there taxi.2100 people came off that Norwegian Jewel and 2300 went on it,but the Terminal brings in so much money to Dover,people come down the night before,Taxi drivers,Security Porters Crane Drivers Hotels Flowers and all sorts of goods are loaded on to the ships.
    So although we can rightfully complain about the Cruise Companies marketing around our local area they do bring thousands of pounds to the local community and I am seeing a few forumites even working down there,but it is a well run operation to move so many people in such a short time and hard work.

end link