Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Imagination? As far as our town planners are concerned that is a defunct 80s black British supergroup, not a quality they possess themselves.

Thinking outside the box is clearly not their strong point. Quite honestly they deserve to be hammered with criticism from those of us who do care until they drop this whole loopy Whitfield New Town idea.

I think we need to be careful about slating the ASDA development too much -are we seriously saying we would prefer what is there now - i.e. nothing but a car park and derelict buildings?

Great that a recreation of a nouveau pre-war St James community ideal would be, we have to realise that is rather utopian and impractical.

Unfortunately that world went forever in Dover with the York St bypass and is not coming back - we have to live with that.

ASDA is the best we are going to get - I would like to see a wider range of use for the site including residential (cf Whitefriars in Canterbury) and leisure.

end link