Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Have to agree with Sue and Keith on this. The phrase"once a bad area, always a bad area" does nothing to give incentive to those working hard to improve the area.

I worked in an area in the Midlands FAR worse than St Rads. Drug dealers and money lenders on every street corner, high crime, high unemployment, high truancy, vandalism, you name it. There were even riots there.

Thanks to SRB funding, council housing stock being sold off to tenant groups which were then brought up to good standard, the scum bags kicked out, and by the residents seeing the improvements,being more inclined to work together to make their area better. The whole area has completley changed beyond all recognition. People NEVER wanted to live there, now they have a huge waiting list of people wanting to move in.

None of it happened over night, it took many years to get to where they are now, but my god to go back and see how far this area has come astounds me, so I don't think we can ever say it will never improve in St Rads. You might just end up eating those words

end link