Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

What a beautiful postcard of yesteryear Ed, complete with the very impressive 'Whalebone Arch'. Indeed Paul, #65, I do remember at the June meeting of the Castle Forum, your suggestion, that perhaps we should try & get a replica Whalebone Arch back in Connaught Park to add interest & historic value. We discussed it at the recent meeting, so food for thought.......

Lol!!! Mark, you should never tell a lady 'not to', you know perfectly well that she will Very impressive ideas there re Canterbury Parks, all four of them, love the idea of a Physic Garden, wonder what Jeanne thinks of this Also the five aside football & the refurbishment of the toilet blocks which I might add is one of my plans for Connaught Park, did I just mention toilets, oh dear! a sore point here in Dover

I have been away from the keyboard for a while as my tennis elbow is giving me a lot of gyp. I'm afraid I neglected it somewhat & I'm now paying the price, painful right arm in sling so presently typing with my left hand only, very snail like

Happy to report that our seven refurbished benches are out of the shed, four are back in the park & bolted down, two in the aviary area & two elsewhere in the Park.Three are under repair & will shortly join the others, two of which will go back in the aviary area. Just waiting for a further five benches that need refurbishment. I hasten to add that I will not be sanding down this time but I can paint.

Not been to the park today but hopefully the Pond work is underway

Some of our beautiful flowering plants in Connaught Park, taken yesterday.

One of our newly refurbished benches avec Moi, complete with tennis elbow

end link