Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks Roger, with a little TLC, weeding & watering (rain taking care of that at present) they should indeed come into their own when they eventually bloom

Talking of rain, on Friday morning last week, Cllr Pat Sherratt & myself managed to finish the final circular bed in the aviary area. We were planting away when the rain came down in bucketfuls but we continued to soldier on as we were determined to finish it. The last plant went in & by then we were both socked through. Pat looked a picture with one of the green C,PAG aprons wrapped around his head, pity I didn't get a photo but it was impossible in that rain! Many thanks Pat for staying on with me.

Thanks also to Stewart Hamilton for his help earlier on Friday morning.

The day before, Thursday, a lovely man called Rodney, Liz Dimech's hubby, arrived with Liz, to help with that last bed & I must say a Huge 'Thank You' to him. He worked away at such speed & did a splendid job, making it easier for Pat & I to finish on Friday. Some photos below.

Before

After,but taken in the pouring rain.

The specific bench bolts have been sourced & ordered so it won't be long now until our newly refurbished benches are back in place.Two of the seven benches are presently having some small repairs done but will soon be ready too.

I feel a bit of a celebratory party coming on & why not. Let's hope the weather improves, would be nice to have a proper summer's day

Then we start work on five more benches for elsewhere in the park

end link