Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks for all your kind comments re Benches very pleased with the end result. Just goes to show what a little hard graft can achieve. Still waiting for them to be put back in their rightful places, they need to be locked down so it's not just a matter of putting them back out. I'm hoping they can grace the park with their presence real soon so people can enjoy looking at our newly planted beds.

Yes, we have completed four of the five circular beds in only two days. The rain stayed away but it was very windy, still it was great to achieve so much. Volunteers were a bit thin on the ground, managed to secure three great workers plus myself for each morning. The afternoon of Thursday two of us were able to stay on & on Friday afternoon I stayed on with a little help from one of the park attendants, so many thanks to John. Also that afternoon, a class of little children from Guston Primary School came along with their teachers & they were so interested in what we were doing. I asked if they would like to help & a few of the children knelt beside us & planted a couple of plants. They were all so pleased & happy to chat about the plants & they waved us goodbye with lots of thanks, that really made me smile. Lots of people came over to us during both days to say how pleased they were to see us planting again in that area of the park & that they were looking forward to having flowers again.

I must say a Huge Thank You to the hard working volunteers, Stewart Hamilton, Jack, Cllr Pat Sherratt & Liz Dimech from the Castle Forum. They all worked so hard, we made the perfect team

Darran Solley, DDC, came along each day to offer advice which was very helpful indeed, thanks Darran

Only one more bed to plant now, the one with the fountain, so hopefully we can get that completed this week weather permitting. We hope to start that one on Tuesday.

Peter, hope your back is a lot better by now, I sympathize, I know all about back pain.

Here are some photos

Before the planting

After the planting

Our happy man team, Stewart, Jack & Pat

end link