Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have re read post 58.It makes a lot of sense.We need good quality homes to attract people with spending power.People who will invest in job creation so our younger people stay in Dover and save for a house or flat.It was instilled in me as a child to work and save.I had a paper round when I was twelve and a full time job at fifteen .When I married my husband and I bought a maisonette.When we moved to Essex we had a small three bedroomed house.In River I wanted a lovely house in Lewisham Road but we could not afford that.
    Young people cannot expect always to be housed by the council
    There are affordable homes in Dover,flats and small terraced houses.You have to inspire.
    Sadly I did not get my dream home but I have a nice little semi here in River.We donot need all these so affordable homes on prime sites.
    Here in a River there are still nice little terraced homes.
    When you set up home it’s a gradual process You can’t have everything handed on a plate.I sometimes listen to conversations on the bus .Money for nail extensions,mobile phones .
    Good old Council will house us when next baby comes along.!,l

end link