Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

From Pat Sherratt

What is the REAL value of a Public Engagement Exhibition other than for the Developer to “Tick Box” that community engagement has taken place.

In 2015 such an exhibition was held in respect to the “Officers” site at Connaught Barracks (DOV/15/00260)with artists impressions of wonderful high quality type properties very much akin to the Poundbury development in Dorset.

What is actually being delivered (DOV/18/00981) is far from the visuals proposed in 2015, of course the 2015 application was only “outline “.

Please see Dover Society comments on DOV/18/00981. and I have to say surprising the only public comment being from the Dover Society

I totally agree with comments in Post 52 but I doubt if there is any understanding of quality for this important site opposite Dover Castle and with panoramic views down the Channel. The correct development could vastly improve the image of property delivery in Dover and assist with attracting quality developers to other Dover sites.

end link