Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Brian what you are talking about there is actually spending more money on the NHS....not cutting back. If you cut out its private contracting then the NHS itself would have to do those extra bits as it were, and no doubt this would cost more. The private aspect in some cases was utilised to save money.

BarryW you are probably right that it is to some extent inefficient but it gets there. What worries me is that cuts are not easy to implement without destroying the very core. It gives good service in many areas. Ive had good service recently with my floundering right arm for example and in our local clinic. Whether they could have achieved this with a person less in the process or something I dont know...but the politicians answer would be to cut out this local service entirely and make me go to Canterbury or heavens even Ashford. This is how politicians do cuts...it saves money alright but kills the quality of the service for people who are ill.

end link