Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

PaulB - There will be massive public expenditure cuts, that is certain whoever wins the election. The NHS must carry its share of the burden or there will be bigger cuts elsewhere.

The fact is that there is more fat and waste in public expenditure than ever before simply because public expenditure has been allowed to boom with no real restraint for 12 years. That is true in the NHS as it is in almost every other area of Government with just one exception, Defence, where there has been no spending boom.

Cutting spending without harming important front line services will be easier than it has ever been before. By front line services I am referring to those that are of great importance to the public. That would be money spent in actual health care for instance and not in the beaurocracy and p.c. bull that forms a massive 'tail' behind it.

Over the last 12 years the State has grown to interfere in many more aspects of our lives than ever before and that can be chopped completely. The role and expectations of what the State can and should do must be reduced.

I note that my urging of a 20% cut in public spending is now a figure being spoken about more widely in the media. That is what is needed.

end link