Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Barry W, the only "problem" I had when I converted was having to buy new software. Unfortunately in my trade the software is mighty expensive - all the Adobe CS suite - but other than having to buy Mac software, NOTHING caused compatibility issues. Macs now run with Intel processors and they are very comfortable reading pretty much all your old PC files. All my old native Adobe files from the PC are still fine.

All your old JPEGs, Word Documents (more on this in a moment), spreadsheets, and whatever else you store and hold valuable should be fine on the Mac. You can buy Microsoft office for the Mac but my ambition is to live a 100% Microsoft-free life and you can download a legal FREE bit of software called Neo-Office which does everything Microsoft Office does! Word docs, spreadsheets, the whole caboodle. And it's FREE!!!!

As yet I have not encountered any compatibility issues with the small exception of a few native files created on a few old bits of PC software (a good example I can think of is Microsoft Publisher files, which ONLY seem to work in Publisher and nothing else).

As long as you are able to buy Mac versions of your main software then I recommend the change - it is far less painful than you can possibly believe, and once you've settled into the Mac your daily computer use becomes sweeter than a stolen kiss!

end link