Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Guzzler a few months back all the commercial TV stations across the nation trimmed back alarmingly, as indeed at the same time did the regional newspapers like KM for example.Following a massive downturn in ad revenue in this nasty recession, these media organisations swung their aces very quickly as they were faced with the prospect of not being able to meet their costs. We have seen the effect at The Mercury for example.

Meridien News went further and further west grasping a larger area. Also the further west you go the more prospect you have of advertising growth for the simple reason that their is more money out that way. Of course this was all sanctioned and okayed not only by the national head offices but by the governming bodies.

I think we would all of us like to see more local tv coverage, its not much fun listening to the woes of people almost in Hampshire, when we have our own woes here.

Editorially I dont think the Meridien paople do a good job anyway. They are obsessed by small time 'human interest' stories very much personised to one person....ie.. "NHS wont pay my drugs bill" kind of thing and although the headline and the story changes the coverage is very much along the same lines.The Editor has twigged that a tug at the heart strings can do good ratings wise so he's carried on from there. Hugely repetitive. Very disappointing programme.

end link