Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Last evening at approx 8.30pm my house was plunged into darkness.I found my way to the front door to see all street lights out and my neighbours .The home accross the road was ok as they have an emergenct back up system By keeping front door open i was able to locate matches then candles .Mobile phone was found and I phoned my son who came round with a torch .Younger neighbours were walking up and down the street with torches and people were shouting out "Are you Ok" The main problemm was the lack of matches my young neighbour was out of them .I dont know how long we were in darkness as I went to my sons however on my return couple of hours later lights were on .It appeared to effect all roads off Chilton Way ,Common Lane and the top end of Lewisham Road.So always keep a torch or matches handy .The worst bit is the phone going ,so mobiles at the ready .Still we could have all gone over to Vics and had a party by candle light .

end link