Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

When I covered the Communitry role I sat in on some of these meetings .My understanding is that a lot of money has been pumped into the Mining Communities .I visited Aylesham on many occasions and saw the benefits of funding .They have excellent workshops on the site of the former Aylesham school lovely cafe there ,play groups etc .I also visited the cafe on the square where the old library once stood .I have been to Deal welfare club where they have IT facilities .I also gave out cheues etc to clubs in the mining community .The Community chest I think it was called .People from the mining communities sat on the board to decide where money should be spent .WE have The Miner Trail I oversaw that with my Musurm hat on .The sports clubs in these areas have benefitted .The Rugby club to name just one .
    WE ha ve designated officers who deal with this .
    I think I will remember more in time .

I do know Cllr Manion has put a lot of effort in to seing that money comes south and in particular East Kent .
    I hope Cllr Watkins or Cllr Manion will run with this thread .I can tell you it is not all doom and gloom .

I found my work in the Community very interesting .

end link