Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

alexiatrade wrote:
    This is only my opinion...

The Western Heights is a glorious place of great history, natural nature, glorious panoramic views.

However, if you take a walk up there, alone. This is on a Sunday afternoon.

There is a certain activity that has become popular and subsequently a well known meeting place.

Involving the male species appearing from the trees and bushes all over the place.

This is scary and should be addressed.

The cars are rocking and rolling too.

I agree, this area beautiful, historic, and has fantastic views, we used to take the children up there when they were younger and they would have a great time running around.

I also used to go for lovely walks up onto that side of Dover, taking me around the old Borstal and then through the Western Heights / Drop Redoubt area. I don't anymore, because I was concerned about the men that would frequently appear, and didn't look like they were enjoying the view or on a walk!

Locking the car park won't stop anti social behaviour up there, it needs dealing with. Once a few arrests have been made, word might get round that sort of community that it isn't the place to go.

It was scary, and I am a man!

end link