Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Looking around a few days ago while stuck in a traffic jam in Folkestone Road I spotted a window with a Christmas tree up and decorated in it. It is only October!!!!

Even most shops, while having some Christmas goodies in store do not yet have decorations up.

The first Christmas advert appeared on a digital channel in July (though my son says he spotted it in June.....)

Now I do like Christmas, I love it, the atmosphere and so on, but this really is getting too much.

We dont usually put up our decorations until the weekend before Christmas day, unless, having a big family, we are hosting an early Christmas dinner for those we wont see on Christmas itself. We also take them down on the nearest weekend to the 12th night.

To do otherwise simply dilutes and devalues the whole of Christmas. What on earth can motivate some people to put up their decorations in October? If there is an elderly or terminally ill person in the household who is not likely to survive until Christmas itself then I can understand it, but if not...

What do you think? When do you put up your decorations?

end link