Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have every sympathy for you, not that that helps one little bit. Sadly, I expect that things will only get worse.

On Brian's point, we received a missive from the French authorities a week or so ago imposing a speeding fine incurred on my son whilst driving back to his job in Portugal. It was written in perfect English and was clearly produced as a result of having obtained his UK vehicle licence details. The fine will increase progressively the longer the delay in paying, up to a maximum of 395 euros. After that, it was made clear that the vehicle would be confiscated were he ever to be caught driving it on French roads and not released until payment was made.

Why can't we do the same thing with offending continental drivers? Including, if there was a will, those at the wheel of horn beeping stationary artics.

end link