Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Along with most people I didnt know a thing about this and to be honest I still dont know much. An arts area on paper sounds good though, so I wish the idea well. I would like to see such an area considered in and around the DTIZ development because once that gets going the hub of activity will be there. Sorry to say it but the Charlton Centre already has the stigma of dead duck about it.

Yes Roger you could always enter from the rear( sounds rude !) but I think the centre there was probably too small to be a success story. My feeling is in highly affluent areas small holdings seem to thrive, think of the Brighton Lanes for example, where the myriad of shops are full of exciting options. Prices are not low, prices are high, so its not a recommended excursion for the wary spender. If you have lots of dosh however you can enjoy the experience, and as there is lots of dosh in Brighton it thrives. This level of cash isnt immediately in evidence in central Dover.

end link