Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

When ever I read posts like the one by DT1 i want to kick the computer .How dare he /she generalize on children educated at Grammar and Public Schools .Two of my children went to the local Grammar schools both have succedded in life by sheer hard work and determination and plenty of encouragement from me and for part of the lives their Father .The youger son went to Dover College and because he worked hard was given an Assisted place something the Labour governmen did away with .He did not get it by right just hard work and ability and the place he obtained at the Grammar school went to another child .My grandchildren also have obtained places in the Grammar schools .

Just to point out my Public school educated son does not use funny hand shakes etc .What a poor perception you have DT1 One brrought on by envy .

Both sons are engineers and fly the flag for Brithish Industury. Travel to Dartford everyday and work abroad Installing the machines they design .
    My daughter a high achiever a Director in the NHS Worked for the NHS since she left Education 22 years ago

They are all taxed to the hilt .

DT1 as you know I live in a modest house in River .No Foreign ho.lidays for me .I chose not to work full time after my husband died .I actually did cleaning for a few hours a week .To ensure I could help my children get a good start .

I sit on the bus and watch some of the younger generation of parents .Some completely ingore their children and the parents spend all the time on mobile phones .No communication with their children at all .
    These children are deprived of attention all the social engineering in the world will not improve their lot until the parents take responsibility .

On another thread there is an excample of the behaviour residents of Dover have to put up with .Until such time as young people are brought into touch they will become ferral.

All young people where ever they are educated will try to bend the rules .The trick is to know when to reel them in .
    listening to Ipods and texting is not the way to teach them .

End of sermon

end link