Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

AndyPol wrote:

Unfortunately for you, my daughter and her peers will change the political scene in the coming decades and views that some seem acceptable will be consigned to history.

Yup. Got mad daughters myself who occasionally reduce me to tears of laughter over their earnest and humourless outage over things which don't affect them and don't matter.

Found myself unable to watch the excellent West Side Story tonight on TV when I discovered that all the white actors who played Puerto Ricans in West Side Story wore dark brown makeup so it was obviously waaaycist.

Further viewing was also ruined (I was going to watch the original of Around the World in 80 Days) when I discovered that the future Duchess of Argyll was just 15 when the future movie star David Niven got her pregnant while holidaying on the Isle of Wight, her furious father sending her to a London nursing home for a secret termination (see statutory rape).

He didn't mention THAT in 'The Moon's a Balloon'!

Perhaps the younger generation, who seem unable to decide if they are a boy or a girl or a wardrobe, might do better sorting out their own silly little self obsessed lives rather than passing judgement on the past and imagining that they would have thought differently if they had been there and then.

If they open their bedroom windows and listen very carefully, the sound they will hear is the greater proportion of humanity on all five continents laughing at them and their various 'issues'.

end link