Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As an experienced person, I'm sure you are aware of the Nolan principles and as such, openness is one of them? When you posted, it was clear in my opinion that you hoped to have many like minded people on here that would agree with you and think that our ex-MP should be given a chance to restart and he wasn't that bad compared to others. Unfortunately, you were wrong if that was your hope and I think it is obvious in my opinion that you are more supportive of him and admittance of that perceived bias if mentioned might have given you an easier time.

It is such a shame (but I do understand why) that so many of the personal details of those who provided character references were redacted in the court case, as I would assume that many in the local Dover community would be embarrassed, possibly even members of this forum?

Unfortunately for you, my daughter and her peers will change the political scene in the coming decades and views that some seem acceptable will be consigned to history. Although my daughter and I disagree on most things, your thread and your views expressed have bought our minds together and we do not think they are acceptable in today's society, especially your generalisation and presumption of men. You seem to have lots of examples that you can quote of men who seem to have clouded your view of such a gender?

However, whilst your views are offensive to me (and many others) they are not in their self, actually offensive, merely your opinion and as such in a free society, acceptable. The moderators are excellent and have removed offensive words in the past, normally due to the poster not realising that it is unacceptable anymore to state such things. I would not expect them to remove perfectly polite, but misjudged, comments as that would be censorship.

I agree with #231 that resulting in trying to use the time of year or religion to make people feel guilty does just lose you credibility in my opinion and telling people to "give it a rest" just seems desperate.

People of age and experience have so much they can give, but also have to accept that their views may / will or have already become outdated or unacceptable, and it is unfortunate that some can't see that.

On the plus side, this thread is a public record of views on this matter and readers can make up their own mind as to whether you or others are right or wrong, and many will simply make that assessment quietly without posting.

You might also make this post one of the longest in history, or at least run until he is truly a free man in approximately 10 years!

end link