Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I could not agree more with all the above. Nursing in particular, but health services generally, have deteriorated drastically since the seventies. Almost every aspect of nursing has been devalued - the training is inappropriate, the recruitment is inept, people going into nursing now have little of the motivations of the nurses I knew years ago and quite honestly don't give a damn and don't care that they don't give a damn. I know there are some great nurses, some to whom I would trust my life, but the majority are, to quote that poor politician recently who dared to critisise nurses, dirty, careless and ignorant. I used to nurse - I would be ashamed to be part of that sector now. I realise there are many factors that have led to this, but frankly that's not my problem - my problem is being faced with "nurses" who couldn't care less if they tried.

end link