Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

To be fair Cabinet Holders put in a lot of hours each week,and even the 'ordinary'Councillors have to put in a lot of hours,for instance next week I have in my Diary5 meetings,in fact it is such a busy week next week I have asked for it off at work,some weeks I will put in 15-20hrs like the week before last when I was on nights,these are meetings and case work,another week it can be 30-40hrs as well as doing home work,the other way to look at it is if you do not get an allowance some people would not get involved.I am luckier than some because I have a Full time round the clock job,but it means that I do not spend much time at home.
    I am also a shadow portfolio holder and that brings in extra work,and do I do it for the money,no sure it helps,but I spent 4 years as a Town Cllr without getting a penny,but would I do it if I wasn't paid,yes,but it worked out at between £2-£3 an hour,and sometimes gets very heavy,and you can get slaughtered if you put a foot out of place.

end link