Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks Paul

I agree that advertising/marketing, usually goes first, but in reality, it should be the last as you need more than ever to tell people what you're doing, especially if it involves any kind of promotion or discounts.

The main point I was making (or trying to) was that I asked only £4.00 per week for everything, but these new ones are £99 per month - for the one advert, so much, much more expensive - I believe that's a difference of £83 - a month.

If giving a discount (usually around 10% - some were more, some were less) attracts a lot more customers - bigger footfall, then it's not a problem, as it will be greatly increasing your profits not cutting into them.

I appreciate the value that chain stores/department stores bring to a Town or City Paul, but no matter how much we shopped in them, the head-office decide whether to close all or some branches, but if we don't shop in an independant shop - where someone has invested their life, effort and money, it will make a hell of a difference to them - no customers, no income; no income, no pay bills; no pay bills, no shop - simple.

Roger

end link