Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ken Tranter wrote:
    Security in Calais is a joke. If you are in what is called a 'hard sided' vehicle you will be physically checked, but in a soft sided one which are by far the majority you go through an alleged x ray. The vast majority are still not secured from intruders before entering the docks.
    I will keep saying this until I am blue in the face '' NO VEHICLE SHOULD ENTER CALAIS UNTIL THEY ARE FITTED WITH SECURITY CORDS''
    In the past a message of this nature would soon reach those of influence and acted upon, but sadly this no longer happens.

You'd think that someone would legislate for this wouldn't you? Why not go further and ban unsecured vehicles from entering the UK entirely?

I feel a lot of companies/drivers take the view that, if someone wants to get into a soft sided vehicle, then better they do it by just opening the back doors than having hundreds of pounds worth of damage done to their curtains and tilt cords. You'd think they'd be more concerned about damage to or theft of their load.

You forgot the sniffer dogs at the berths.

end link