Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Came past the 'Jungle'late Saturday night and was amazed at the number of small aging caravans that were lined up, literally dozens of them.
    On a slight deviation from the thread, I was just north of Rome at a services and was parked next to a coach load of Somalis/Ethiopians who were being driven to the Italian French border (their words and not supposition on my part). I asked one who spoke reasonably good English why they wouldn't prefer to stay in Italy and in his words he said and I quote '' Italy does not have a system of financial support like France, Germany and England''. That for me would be incentive enough to attempt to face the hardships of the journey to better my self eventually.
    By the way some of them were still in the 'jump suits' provided when they are plucked from the sea. I am not for one moment suggesting we take the immigrants as and when they arrive but it would be nice if we were a little more concillatory in our attitude to them.
    By the way the reason you rarely see what you and I consider to be children in the 'Jungle' is because these tend to live in the dunes around Calais for their own safety.

end link