Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes Alan the new van hire development along Maison Dieu is just opposite the old MFI building and its looking good. They (CMW?) have spent a lot of time and money on it as Ive seen them transform it from dereliction to pristine. I dont think its actually opened yet as they were still working on it the other day, but they seem to be doing a good job in readying the place. It looks a professional outfit too. Good to see a new business risking all here in Dover...especially in mid slump.

I dont accept though Roger that demolishing a few places smacks of progress. Almost everywhere can demolish...its seeing something rising from the ashes that shows progress.

The castle people were/are very serious about the Cable Car. I though it was something of an April joke until I attended a function up there at the Castle a while back and they were talking in very serious terms about it. It was real. Those days they were talking about connecting with the town more ( not happening!) But as PauliW says above there the finance for the project would have to come from elsewhere...not EH. As we can see from the recent closures they are short of the readies...or so it seems.

end link