Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Are the EH plans available online Paul? I'd be curious to see them.

I do rather take back much of my original scepticism now I've learned a little more about the cable car plan. It could be boost to tourism, and as it appears that we are not paying for it, it could be a force for good around here from the tourist angle. I assume it will be funded from the £4m development grant?

On that note, what are the caveats on the EH grant? Will they invest any into the Western Heights or elsewhere? Isn't there a danger that they will plough most of it into Dover Castle, one of their top national tourist attractions? If so, we residents might not see that much benefit.

I've wanted to see Motte's Bulwark open for years, having never had the chance to visit it. However, parking would be well nigh impossible off the dual carriageway. I would put a small wager on EH installing a lift to the Castle grounds and only public allowing access via the Castle. Doubtless the cost of a day ticket will be £15 by then! As a stand-alone site I really can't see it being frequented due to access difficulties, much akin to the Grand Shaft.

end link