Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes it is good news for Dover people investing in our town but like Roger says let us keep our feet on the ground ,We need to attract someone who will provide leisure facilities.Everyone at the top and that includes me must not have rose tinted specs.On Friday we had gangs of youths in River not the first time aprox sixty in number fighting .When residents went out to intervene ,one was head butted to the ground another had his arm slashed and I understand more residents were injured.This also happened at Easter when a resident was seriously assaulted.
    There is nothing for the young people to do.Youth clubs only appeal to a certain type of yougester.We have a leisure centre but probably they cannot afford to go there all the time .Football,Rugby sailing if you are interested.Why hasnt someone provided an internet cafe?Where my daughter lives in the Midlands they have cafes which are open at night and the young people gather.We have enough empty shops surely we can turn one of those into this sort of venue.The night clubs have closed one small cinema .There is something seriously wrong when young people roam around like ferral animals.We have failed and that includes me.I did my best with my children and it is sad that someone elses child is destroying the peace of mind in the community .which I repesent.

end link