Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This is a first,i agree with Paul Watkins and Barry,we have been kept fully informed of all major works thru presentations and documents,newsletters and brochures,where my concerns are is that the work is done properly as I have experienced the first part of the regeneration and I wasn't impressed.The Labour group are fully behind what is happening,I believe it was even started by the Labour group when the were in power,yes it is frustrating about how long it is taking and regeneration will not give us what we all want and probably deserve,but out of little acorns....
    We would all like Wilkinsons,Matalan,a fish shop etc etc,what we need now is any shop that would bring people into the Town,I am not convinced about ASDA,but as Paul said it was the only retailer that could bring people to the Town,I am worried that it will close shops that are here,I remember people saying when JJB came to Dover isn't it good we have 3 sports shops in the Town,2 closed because they cannot compete with the sell it cheap,loss leaders, but the most important thing until we get regenerated is that where possible we must support the shops we have in Dover.So when you go christmas shopping try Dover first,I know you can't get everything you want but you can get most things.Support Dover

end link