Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Last week Alison and I went on the cable car up to the top of the Rock of Gibraltar. It was certainly a worthwhile experience linking the town to the rock and a tourist attraction in itself. I can see that such a link between Dover and the Castle would be worthwhile.

If you go to Gib though dont make the mistake we did and buy your tickets on the Spanish side of the border at the koisk. It is a lot cheaper at the 'car' itself.

I have to say we did love Gib, great view from the top and the town itself was was well worth a visit. We just had a day trip there from Marbella, an hour's drive away and as we were scheduled to fly back from Gib we spent our last day there as well. Very relaxed and friendly place, good value in the restaurants with some great tapas. In many way it has a lot in common with Dover, I just wish we had their shops and leisure though.

end link