Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I think you are right Andrew, I know (must be two years ago now) I made my objection to the DTIZ plan on this forum, saying true mixed use, similar to many plans in Holland would be more suited. To create something with a similar scale to what was on the site pre-war would be great. I have only seen plans and pictures from that period (obviously as not even my Dad was born) but something similar, although slightly higher density coud really be something!

I have been to the North Laines when a friend used to live in Brighton, and as for Whitefriars I remember attending a lecture about the master planning of the project years ago, well before they had any brand backing(a good job although I prefered some of the other schemes) Both very different approaches to regeneration (although more capital), and both are a world better than we have been offered.

As I said I don't want to be negative towards the cable car, as it could be a great asset, it just has to join up with something more than is on offer in the town currently or after Asda (I think we're in agreement on that) I just think the cable car should be a part of one definative plan rather than six dilluted ones!

end link