Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Bob Whysman wrote:
    A bit far to go just to substantiate a claim or score a few points Ray but possibly the reports could have been hearsay or maybe some hack who thought that they were being clever. Don’t believe all that you read or hear just to demonstrate your feelings over a democratic vote which some like to suggest is the only cause of problems that the U.K. is having regarding fuel supplies.

There doesn’t appear to be much of a shortage in my neck of the woods….in East Sussex. The local Tesco had a queue which stretched for about 800 yards or so this morning . As I was passing the BP garage just around the corner in the other direction I noticed that there was no panic buying queue.

I was able to drive on their forecourt in less than 5 minutes and there were no restrictions on the amount that you could purchase either.

Nothing to do with cheap points, Bob. It's a fact that has been well covered in the quality press. You might like to do some research before jumping to conclusions?

It equally is not about my my feelings on a 'democratic' vote. We could argue about the validity of a slim margin of public opinion on a vote held 5 years ago, but that's not the point in question. It's about my concern for the harm being done to this country not by Brexit per se but by the hard Brexit forced upon us by the charlatans and mountebanks running this country.

The reasons N.Ireland has been unaffected are alluded to in the report below from the hugely biased (in your view, no doubt) Belfast Telegraph.

I've attached on link below. There are literally dozens more out there if you care to look.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/petrol-shortages-northern-ireland-missed-out-on-fuel-crisis-but-could-now-see-prices-rocket-40900878.html

end link