Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

From the website of a bus protest group in Bristol.

Using a bus in Bristol over the past month has been worse than ever. Buses are overcrowded, not stopping or just not turning up. As well as people being late for work there are stories of people missing hospital appointments, getting stranded late at night and kids being late for school.

First bus say it’s going to be weeks before this is sorted (nice and specific) and, doesn’t seem to have apologised for the state of things right now.

First Bus have had a monopoly in the city for years. Prices are extortionate and now we’re not even getting a usable service for our money.

No one hold First accountable for their actions, so we should! I also think Bristol City Council also subsidise routes and should use their power to demand they do their job properly.

Personally, I think Bristol City Council should run the buses themselves, that way they would be accountable to us rather than lumbering us with this mess and telling us to suck it up!

Regardless, I’m pretty fed up with being ignored about how bad things are now. I think a protest would show them it’s not just a few people moaning about being late for work, the whole city is affected and something needs to be done now!

NB: complete sympathy for the drivers and the first bus staff. This must be really difficult for them too. It seems like First are unable to recruit and retain enough drivers which is part of the reason for this mess.

end link