Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have to say that I agree with Barry, this is unacceptable behaviour. Especially from one in so senior a position; Bern, I have to take issue with your definition of bullying in as much as I think your "bullying is deliberate intentional intimidation" doesn't cover all aspects of it. Bullying is also use of a more senior level to intimidate subordinates; bad managers frequently use the threat of losing ones job to get their own way, and that's just as much a manifestation of bullying as any, worse in many ways than throwing a paperweight around.

Gordon Brown is clearly a man under an immense amount of pressure, worried about his position within his own party and about an imminent election which looks as though he will lose. Given his reported natural bad temper, this kind of intimidatory behaviour would seem to be his way of releasing his own personal pressure valve. Acceptable or not (and I believe it to be completely unacceptable), it is the sign of a very poor manager who takes things out on his own staff in such a manner.

As for the 'charity' concerned in all this, I see their fault or otherwise in it as largely an irrelevance. The issue at hand is one of a poor Prime Minister abusing his authority by taking his own weaknesses out on other people; I hate bullies in any form and will go out of my way to stand up to those I come across. Occasionally this will land me in a spot of bother, but that won't stop me from standing up to them. I hate bullies.

end link