Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

OK Andy - but as I said in the Facebook group about Wetherspoons - we all need to take responsibility for doing something ourselves other than just shouting at others to sort it out.

To some extent we have the town we deserve. Dover people have many good qualities but they can also collectively be apathetic, lazy doom-mongers who prefer to wallow in aggressive, solipsistic misery. We need more people to do more, end of. Much as I criticise the council, they cannot do everything and make up for a dearth of active citizens.

I have just fired off this missive to Wetherspoons - I make no apologies for the tone - moaning, pussyfooting around and dissembling has led us into the abyss we are in today:

Julie Smith, Customer Service
    JD Wetherspoon plc
    PO Box 616
    Watford
    WD24 4QU

Dear Ms Smith

I am writing regarding the state of the Wetherspoons property in Castle Street, Dover.

I am sure you are well aware that the building is an utter eyesore, an affront to civilised standards and a standing indictment of your company.

It is simply not acceptable to leave it to rot as you have for many years - if you cannot or will not put it to use, then please at least take action to make it look more presentable. That does not just mean cutting down the tree that is growing out of the front (!) but painting and repairing the façade so that the building will never again upset and embarrass the residents of the town.

I also hope that any remedial work will happen sooner rather than later - round here we are tired of stalling, empty promises and words like "imminent". As a former regular Wetherspoons customer I now refuse to patronise any of your premises until you do something about this.

You may also be interested to know that there is a Facebook group concerning this issue at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=64706267631&ref=nf with 329 members.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely

Andrew Stucken

end link