Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This rampant unchained capitalism isnt working either. Look no further than the recent financial chaos and near meltdown the world over. Politicians who previously left it all to market forces are now calling for regulation, and severe regulation is needed. Why should we trust these wild speculators any longer. When it all goes wrong its the clobbered fuel beaten and fleeced taxpayer that has to bail them out, and my gawd did they need bailing out.

Sadly though it goes on unharnessed. Only last night before I went to sleep I heard of yet more chaos on the radio.

Wild speculators, hedge fund managers, in frenzied short selling gambled with money they do not have, that shares in Volkswagen would fall. They gambled billions that the shares would fall. The shares didnt fall, but rocketed upwards after Porche slipped in to buy most of Volkswagen. Result billions lost again. But the hedge fund managers gambled with money they do not have, now they have to pay up. Let them go to the wall this time. Let them pay the real price of job losses and homes repossessed in real world terms.

Unfortunatly we cannot let the banking system overall go to the wall as its a vital part of daily trade, but tight controls are needed desperately.

end link