Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

John Buckley wrote:
    Over the years he’s done more than most to try and protect our sovereignty from being eroded by that bunch of elites in Brussels... it’s an issue that needs to be reported on and addressed... you just don’t like the guy!

I'll take your points in perverse order, JB, if you don't mind. I've no opinion on Farage 'the guy' as such, since I don't know him. And as the government have made sure that we'll never see again anything remotely resembling the kind of pubs we used to know just 3 months ago, it's unlikely I'll be having a chinwag over a pint or two with him in order make his acquaintance. I'm less interested in his id than I am in his ideas in any case.

I don't disagree with your second point.

I'll demur silently on your 'more than most' claim. But he needs to see the priorities and get a sense of proportion, and quick, as it's pointless simply to swap EU shackles for UK manacles. Despite his sizeable gob, his gift of the gab, and his public voice, as far as I'm aware he's not uttered a peep on the single most wide-ranging bloating of State power and circumscription of individual liberties in our lifetimes outside China, the Soviet Union and North Korea. As I suggested, maybe he never much cared for them anyway. Or, and here's a thought, perhaps his 'pact' with the Tories back in December contained a cork big enough to stop his mouth.

end link