Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

For a time there the pound did recover a bit but its now weakened again so roughly at the moment a Euro is worth 92p...it was something like 68 earlier in the year, although just remembering that off the top of my head in relation to it being this year.

So the Euro is strong and solid and the pound is suffering fluctuations. My feeling is that this will go on for sometime which will have benefits here but not good for travellers. The Euro also coincided with Roger's initiative with those leaflets in France. Which would have helped them to work their magic..I saw extra tourists today in central Dover. More than I expected for a sleepy saturday in October with no Cruise Liners in. So business is on the up...but have they got anything to do in central Dover?

Howard with regard to the Castle...they seem to have a new management up there intent on driving forward commercially. They are the ones behind the cable car idea as I understand it.

end link