Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Indeed. from my weather oracle last night, I offer:-

*** KENT WINTRY WEATHER - update 2 ***

Confidence remains very high for a significant winter weather event. Snowfall is now probable.

The deep cold pool has reached Riga in Latvia (1100 miles away) as of 18:00 hrs this evening and will continue to track westwards towards the UK, arriving in Kent on Sunday evening.

The cold pool is the deepest since the February 1991 meaning that daytime temperatures are unlikely to exceed 0c (32f) for a few days.

Snow showers are likely to develop on Monday morning, becoming frequent and heavy at times, persisting through most of Tuesday and possibly early Wednesday.

I'm massively sticking my neck out here but significant accumulations (15cm +) are likely by midweek in many places, especially over the higher ground and towards the north and east of the county.

Drifting is likely to result in exposed areas due to a fresh to strong (force 5 to 6) ENE'ly breeze.

Confidence from Wednesday onwards is low but the likelihood is for the very cold conditions to continue until next weekend with a risk of heavy snowfall at times.

Next update - Saturday

#kentweather #kent

end link