Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I'll just make a couple of final comments on this thread.

Paul Watkins does not have cronies and he is and has been the most dynamic Leader, the District Council has had for many, many years.
    His ability to punch above our (Dover's) weight on matters of stratgeic and regional investment in Dover is down to him and the Chief Executive.
    It's not easy to achieve "Growth-Point" status which allows Dover access to even more funding, which is now coming on stream.

Don't underestimate his aspirations for Dover - it is far from his fault that the regeneration hasn't yet started, that is due to land-ownership issues which are the responsibility of the Developers to resolve - and they are being chased.

I can only assume that your comments are down to lack of knowledge of what is going on at the top - and there is an awful lot.
    There may be a lack of communication; I do think that perhaps the "message" should be given out more often and the reasons for these or any delays, given out on a regular basis.

What is the difference between spending an allowance over 12 months or 1, if it is such an important event for Dover ? The Chairman has decided that this is such an important event for Dover, so will be frugal with the other 11 months.

There won't be an event if all you can do is grumble on and on; this is a "good-news" story for Dover and you have torn it to shreds.

Roger

end link